MILWAUKEE, Sept. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup Solutions, the world's largest RPO provider, today released an insights paper, "Making the Connection: Best Practices in Candidate Experience," based on research into candidate preferences, behaviors and motivators. The report finds one in three prospective employees wants to receive more detailed information—not only about the specific job opportunity, but the company itself—as well as more frequent, human connection.
The survey of more than 200 U.S. job seekers reveals the importance of access to accurate and expansive information about an employer's value proposition and the position itself. More than 35 percent of prospective employees also want organizations to initiate more frequent conversations in all phases of the hiring process. This includes status updates at key stages, such as completion of background checks, and even feedback on why the candidate didn't get the position, if that is the outcome.
"Technology is turning into a hygiene factor – it's a basic expectation. But companies don't need the latest and greatest technology as much as they need to make sure their interactions with candidates are meaningful and considerate," said Melissa Hassett, vice president of client delivery, ManpowerGroup Solutions RPO. "Personal interaction and individualization of the recruiting process goes a long way toward attracting the best talent. And letting people know as soon as they're not selected is just good manners. That's what protects the employer brand."
ManpowerGroup Solutions' research points to the importance of getting back to basics when it comes to closing the gaps on candidate preferences and experiences, and recommends implementing several candidate-centric best practices, including:
- Automate less, talk more: Company reputations suffer when proactive candidates attempt to follow-up on their applications, only to be lost in endless voicemail.
- Touch at the touch points: Candidates should receive calls at critical milestones of the hiring process, such as completion of background checks and drug tests.
- Tell them when they're out: Candidates want employers to tell them when they are out of the running – at any point along the process.
- Referrals come first: Employee referral programs are only successful if the referrals are considered before other applicants.
- Don't be coy about compensation: Everything related to compensation and benefits should be spelled out as early in the process as the organization feels comfortable.
- Use social media: Savvy companies encourage social media use by employees and don't script or control their messaging.
- Get out the welcome wagon: Inviting a smaller number of pre-screened candidates to a hiring event satisfies their preferences for being able to present their qualifications in person.
- Smart phones, smart candidates: While many of today's candidates want a human connection, they also want to be able to access information and application processes directly from their smartphones.
- The "just-in-time" candidate information delivery system: Employers interested in improving the candidate experience should ask only for the information necessary at each step in the process.
Additional information about the Candidate Preferences Survey is available here.
For more information on ManpowerGroup Solutions, visit www.manpowergroupsolutions.com.
About ManpowerGroup Solutions
ManpowerGroup Solutions provides clients with outsourcing services related to human resources functions, primarily in the areas of large-scale recruiting and workforce-intensive initiatives that are outcome-based, thereby sharing in the risk and reward with our clients. Our solutions offerings include Talent Based Outsourcing, Managed Service Programs, Borderless Talent Solutions, Language Services and Recruitment Process Outsourcing, where we are one of the largest providers of permanent and contingent recruitment in the world. ManpowerGroup Solutions is part of the ManpowerGroup family of companies, which also includes Manpower, Experis, and Right Management. More information about ManpowerGroup Solutions is available at www.manpowergroupsolutions.com.
ManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN) is the world's workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for more than 65 years. As workforce experts, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2015, ManpowerGroup was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the fifth consecutive year and one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry. See how ManpowerGroup makes powering the world of work humanly possible: www.manpowergroup.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150318/182971LOGO
SOURCE ManpowerGroup Solutions