MILWAUKEE, Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup Solutions, the world's largest RPO provider, today released the white paper, "Recruiting Strategy Metrics: From Transactional to Transformational," which explores the need for metrics that yield strategic insights, versus ones that simply establish a baseline and measure improvements over time.
Transactional metrics (such as time-to-fill, time-to-hire and cost-per-hire) remain important, as they allow employers to establish early success measures. However, many employers and recruiters have relied exclusively on these traditional metrics, resulting in missed opportunities to raise the bar. Transactional measures reveal quantity, not quality, which suggests the need for something more.
"As employers become more comfortable with the use of data, and as even more data becomes available, there is an opportunity to expand the traditional view of metrics to address much larger questions of employee performance, productivity and engagement," said Susan Howse, General Manager, ManpowerGroup Solutions Australia. "Ultimately, data should be used to measure alignment with corporate culture, brand and customers."
To incorporate the use of data in measuring recruitment strategy success, ManpowerGroup Solutions proposes a new measurement model, which consists of three phases:
- Consolidate: Planning and preparation that focuses on establishing baselines and setting a company up for success. Includes the basic, common-practice transactional metrics that ensure the operation is running smoothly.
- Optimize: When recruiting strategy moves beyond the transaction and starts to look at issues that impact engagement, productivity and brand. Metrics are both quantitative and qualitative, and are linked to specific business objectives (including net promoter scores, candidate satisfaction, recruitment spend reductions, etc.).
- Transform: The place for vision, made up of radical and bold metrics customized to the specific needs of an individual company (such as improved perception of employer brand, awareness of employer brand, improved perception of the industry, etc.).
To identify that a transformational model truly exists, the following characteristics should be present:
- Flexibility: Every initiative should have different metrics, depending on the pain points for the company or department.
- Innovation: RPO can uniquely contribute to brand-building exercises; they should also be at the cutting edge of thinking about how they can impact the mission.
- Agility: The RPO team should have the ability to pivot – if they're unable or unwilling, they probably aren't the right provider.
- Multi-Speed Readiness: Solutions need to align with readiness in different areas of the business.
- Feedback Loops: Any effective strategy should build in feedback loops, ensuring RPO providers have the information they need to evolve their approach as necessary.
- Governance: A transformational recruiting solution needs to have support and guidance from the top.
"Transactional metrics will always have value, but in today's data-driven world, they represent the floor, not the ceiling," Howse said. "The real opportunity now is to take metrics to the next level and align them with employee engagement and productivity – now and in the future."
To download "Recruiting Strategy Metrics: From Transactional to Transformational," click here.
For more information on ManpowerGroup Solutions, visit www.manpowergroupsolutions.com.
About ManpowerGroup Solutions
ManpowerGroup Solutions provides clients with outsourcing services related to human resources functions, primarily in the areas of large-scale recruiting and workforce-intensive initiatives that are outcome-based, thereby sharing in the risk and reward with our clients. Our solutions offerings include Talent Based Outsourcing, Managed Service Programs, Borderless Talent Solutions, Language Services and Recruitment Process Outsourcing, where we are one of the largest providers of permanent and contingent recruitment in the world. ManpowerGroup Solutions is part of the ManpowerGroup family of companies, which also includes Manpower, Experis, and Right Management. More information about ManpowerGroup Solutions is available at www.manpowergroupsolutions.com.
ManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN) is the world's workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for more than 65 years. As workforce experts, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management ® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2015, ManpowerGroup was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the fifth consecutive year and one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry. See how ManpowerGroup makes powering the world of work humanly possible: www.manpowergroup.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150318/182971LOGO
SOURCE ManpowerGroup Solutions
For further information: Chelsey Orlikowski, +1 414 906 7320, firstname.lastname@example.org, Suzanne Mount, +44 208 875 2682, email@example.com