MILWAUKEE, Aug. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Known as "Continuous Candidates," more than one-third (37%) of employees across the globe are always looking for their next job opportunity, according to a global study of job seekers conducted by ManpowerGroup Solutions, part of ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN). With employee churn becoming increasingly costly for companies, it is more important than ever for employers to step up their efforts to reduce turnover by improving retention efforts and recruitment processes. ManpowerGroup Solutions provides practical recommendations for doing just that in a new paper, "Always Looking: The Rise of Continuous Candidates."
Click the link to download Always Looking: The Rise of Continuous Candidates: http://www.manpowergroupsolutions.com/candidatepreferences
The prevalence of Continuous Candidates in Mexico and the United States far exceeds the global average, with 50 percent and 41 percent respectively agreeing with the statement, "I am always looking for the next job opportunity." This can be linked to several factors:
- New ways of getting work done are emerging in the United States more than anywhere else. The popularity and visibility of the "gig economy" with companies like Uber and TaskRabbit are redefining how people work.
- Tech firms have also led the way on contract employment worldwide. Because they are the organizations with fastest changing skills requirements, using contractors allows them to not rely on skills within the organization that may become obsolete.
- Layoffs and job losses experienced in the wake of the recession sent the message to young and old alike that job security is not necessarily guaranteed.
"Looking at Millennials and Gen Y, our research shows that it is the older Millennials – with more work experience – who are most likely to be habitually looking for jobs," said Kate Donovan, Senior Vice President of ManpowerGroup Solutions and Global RPO President. "In organizations where employers are not meeting their candidates' expectations or aspirations for advancement, that is where individuals will be more likely to always be looking out for their next opportunity."
The paper provides nine tips for companies to retain existing talent and better screen for prospective employees in today's world of Continuous Candidates, some of which include:
- Speak Fluent Advancement: Hiring managers must be able to proactively articulate the opportunities for advancement to candidates, as career pathways are an increasingly important component of the employer value proposition (EVP). To engage the best and brightest talent, employers must offer this information upfront, instead of waiting for the candidates to ask.
- Foster "Learnability": Continuous Candidates want continuous education, so learnability – the desire and ability to quickly grow and adapt one's skills to remain employable – is important. Employers can nurture learnability through providing or reimbursing for professional development opportunities, internal and external training or advanced degree programs.
- Mentor, Mentor, Mentor: Skill acquisition, regular feedback, teamwork and exposure to successful role models strengthen the bond between an employee and the company they work for. Many savvy Millennials identify the position they want within an organization and network with the individual currently in that role. Rather than be threatened by this, managers and executives should embrace it.
"Companies need to create a culture that people don't want to leave – branding and trust are critical components of this," said Sarah Peiker, Head of RPO Practice, ManpowerGroup Solutions Europe. "Employers are going to have to become an employer of choice."
To learn more abut ManpowerGroup Solutions' global candidate preferences research and download the latest report, click here: http://www.manpowergroupsolutions.com/candidatepreferences
About ManpowerGroup Solutions
ManpowerGroup Solutions provides clients with outsourcing services related to human resources functions, primarily in the areas of large-scale recruiting and workforce-intensive initiatives that are outcome-based, thereby sharing in the risk and reward with our clients. Our solutions offerings include TAPFIN-Managed Service Provider, Strategic Workforce Consulting, Borderless Talent Solutions, Talent Based Outsourcing and Recruitment Process Outsourcing, where we are one of the largest providers of permanent and contingent recruitment in the world. ManpowerGroup Solutions is part of the ManpowerGroup family of companies, which also includes Manpower, Experis, and Right Management. More information at www.manpowergroupsolutions.com.
ManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN) is the world's workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for nearly 70 years. As workforce experts, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2016, ManpowerGroup was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the sixth consecutive year and one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry. See how ManpowerGroup makes powering the world of work humanly possible: www.manpowergroup.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160817/399150
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150318/182971LOGO
SOURCE ManpowerGroup Solutions
For further information: Chelsey Orlikowski, 414.906.7320, email@example.com