MILWAUKEE, April 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- A global study of nearly 14,000 job seekers shows a shift in the balance of power from employer to candidate – today's job seekers have more information than ever about a company and a position at early stages of the job search process. This is according to new research from ManpowerGroup Solutions, the world's largest RPO provider, part of ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN). In The Rise of the Well-Informed Candidate, ManpowerGroup Solutions shares strategies and tactics for companies to attract top talent in the information age.
Click the link to download the report, The Rise of the Well-Informed Candidate: www.manpowergroupsolutions.com/candidatepreferences
Before making career decisions, job seekers are informing themselves on the details most important to them. The survey results show what really matters to candidates and what they want to know:
- Compensation and the type of work are the two most important draws for prospective candidates globally.
- Schedule flexibility and benefits tie as the third most important factors, indicating that lifestyle while on the job is a key consideration for job changers.
- There is increasing transparency on compensation globally. Nearly half (44%) of candidates know compensation details before applying. In the five markets with year-over-year data, this number has increased by more than 10 percent, which suggests this is a trend on the rise.
"Easy access to information has changed the way individuals find jobs and jobs find individuals. As organizations across the globe continue to report difficulties filling roles, understanding candidate preferences is critical," said Jim McCoy, Vice President and Global Practice Leader, ManpowerGroup Solutions. "Candidates worldwide want to be able to visualize themselves in an organization. They want to know about compensation and benefits. And increasingly, they identify the company mission, corporate brand, culture and commitment to corporate social responsibility as key deciding factors in making a move. It's time for employers to move beyond the final interview disclosure to being up-front and open and own the conversation."
Knowing what matters most to today's job seekers, ManpowerGroup Solutions provides practical advice for companies so they can attract the best candidates:
- Reach the right talent where they are. Candidates consider company websites to be the number one source of information. Employers must recognize the importance of the content on their website and the potential of their HR portals to build employer brand and increase access to the information candidates are seeking.
- Be open to new conversations and new ways of having them. To meet the information expectations of candidates, employers should consider being open to sharing more information about their company. This includes more transparency around compensation.
- Monitor the buzz. It is important for organizations to understand how they are being talked about and perceived on channels they do not own – like social media and employer review sites like Glassdoor. While control is limited, there is always an ability to respond and often, educate.
To learn more about ManpowerGroup Solutions' global candidate preferences research and download The Rise of the Well-Informed Candidate, visit www.manpowergroupsolutions.com/candidatepreferences.
About ManpowerGroup Solutions
ManpowerGroup Solutions provides clients with outsourcing services related to human resources functions, primarily in the areas of large-scale recruiting and workforce-intensive initiatives that are outcome-based, thereby sharing in the risk and reward with our clients. Our solutions offerings include TAPFIN-Managed Service Provider, Strategic Workforce Consulting, Borderless Talent Solutions, Talent Based Outsourcing and Recruitment Process Outsourcing, where we are one of the largest providers of permanent and contingent recruitment in the world. ManpowerGroup Solutions is part of the ManpowerGroup family of companies, which also includes Manpower, Experis, and Right Management. More information at www.manpowergroupsolutions.com.
ManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN) is the world's workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for nearly 70 years. We connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2017, ManpowerGroup was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the seventh consecutive year and one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry. See how ManpowerGroup makes powering the world of work humanly possible: www.manpowergroup.com.
For further information: Chelsey Orlikowski, (414) 906-7320, firstname.lastname@example.org